Fast and efficient. Reliable and sustainable. Mass timber is rapidly gaining traction as an eco-friendly alternative to traditional construction materials like concrete and steel. Engineered wood products and systems offer numerous advantages in terms of speed, cost, and structural performance while reducing carbon emissions during production—a win-win prospect for the right projects.
- Efficiency through a Target Value Design Assist process
- Early cost certainty
- Consistent supply chain advantage
- Improved aesthetics and biophilic advantages
- Significant and tangible market differentiation
- Dramatically lower carbon footprint
- Proven improved leasing velocity
STO Building Group has built a portfolio of projects that feature mass timber and have become experts in factors such as:
- Holistic understanding of mass timber design, engineering, manufacturing, fabrication, logistics, and installation
- International network of MEPF trade partners experienced in mass timber
- Understanding the current dynamic nature and the nuances of mass timber manufacturing and providing training to less experienced project partners
- Tracking code changes by market
- Mitigating risk through best practices and lessons learned
While mass timber may not be right for every project, it’s a viable alternative to consider. It’s also a strategic decision that goes beyond construction—it is a commitment to building a sustainable future that will benefit generations to come.