Technology & Innovation
We never stop learning at STO Building Group. We constantly share best practices, encourage new ideas, and leverage technology to find new ways to better serve our clients. Our organization has developed the concept of “centers of excellence and innovation” to help us maintain that drive to continue pushing past industry standards and improving our quality of work.
Technology plays a critical role in this process, especially in recent years as the digital transformation of our industry has taken hold. Some of the tools and technologies we’re piloting and implementing throughout our organization include:
- cloud-based project management programs for processing submittals, reviewing drawings, managing workflow, completing punchlists, and other collaborative processes
- virtual design and construction modeling for logistics planning and sequencing, clash detection and resolution, design coordination, and other problem solving
- 3D printing for illustrating how a challenging construction process can come together
- virtual, augmented and mixed reality for installation verification, real-time collaborative reviews, stakeholder communication, and other uses
- drones for existing conditions surveys, logistics planning, site safety, community engagement, communications, and other applications
- parametric models that demonstrate how design changes will affect estimating and scheduling
Our teams are participating in leading-edge innovation programs that will shape the construction industry. We’re partnering with organizations ranging from Oxford University to private innovation labs across the US to take real ideas and turn them into products in the technology space to better serve our clients and our employees.